PETERHOF (PETRODVORETS): EVE FOUNTAIN
On the west side of the great canal at the center of radiating avenues stands the Eve Fountain (1718-26). This and a companion work titled "Adam" are the oldest fountains at Peterhof. Their sculptural elements were commissioned by Peter the Great and executed by the Italian artist Giovanni Bonazza.
Last updated July 2, 2002
WebMaster: New Music Classics Administrator, email@example.com
© Copyright 2002 by Joseph Dillon Ford